Sunday, February 5, 2012

The beginning of the quest...

                                                    Icarus                            Pencil 2012                    k. gamble


Beginning....sounds like winning.  Every artist follows a different path, but I think it is safe to say that the end goal is similar for all.  This year I have decided that it is time to kick it in gear and get serious about pursuing my artistic dreams.  I am taking my first steps down that path by creating this page.  This "secret public sketchbook" will chronicle my journey to fulfilling my goals.  My main goals I have set for myself are as follows:  to submit works for publishing, create work for and have an art show, and last, but not least, submit an entry to Spectrum 20.  I by no means expect this to be an easy task.  It often seems that one can not even go a week without suffering some sort of artistic set back.  Be it mental or physical, the creative world is full of obstacles.  My biggest struggle is over subject matter and wanting to loosen up the style of my art work but at the same time having a desire to fine tune the realistic tendencies I have always leaned towards.  Currently I am embracing realism and trying to add a fantastical twist. 

Featured above is my latest pencil work, Icarus.  I find that I am loving this image, and I plan to work with it more and in other mediums.  So I apologize now if it shows up a lot, but I hope that with each version of it comes a different vibe to the piece.  It is currently my front runner for possible submission in a publication.  I think that it may even be a Spectum submission canidate.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful detail on your work!! I would love to see it up close.

    ReplyDelete